Oothappam is a popular south indian breakfast recipe. uthappam can be prepared in so many variations and with so many toppings like with onion, tomato, carrot, capsicum and so on.
Onion uthappam is so famous in south india. Many variety oothappam recipes are there are like onion uthappam, instant vermicelli uthappam, rava uthappam, oats oothappam. Each one has been prepared by different ingredients and methods.
Serving suggestion for uthappam: always serve hot.
tasty and variety oothappam recipes below
Onion uthappam is prepared by idli batter and topped with onions. This is basic uttappa if you want you can top it with carrot, capsicum too.
Oats uthappam is healthy and tasty uttappam and it can be enjoyed by everyone like kids and adults. This uttappam does not require much cooking skills so everyone can prepare this dish. It is prepared by oats, rice flakes, curd and rice flour.
Vermicelli uthappam is another popular breakfast at my home which taste awesome. This vermicelli oothappam is parepared by semiya or seviyan or vermicelli, curd and rice flour. This is an instant oothappam recipe.
- Vermicelli or semiya - ½ cup
- Rice flour - ½ cup
- Water - ½ cup
- Salt - 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder - 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Curd (little bit sour) - ½ cup
- Onion - 1 medium
- Chop the onions into very small pieces.
- In a bowl add curd and semiya & mix well.
- Keep this aside for 10 min.
- Add rice flour, chilly powder, salt and mix well.
- Add water and mix like a thick batter(as shown in pic).
- Heat a pan on stove, after pan got hot pour few drops of oil and spread that oil over the pan with the help of spoon or spatula.
- Pour the batter on pan like small uttapa.
- Again add the oil around the borders of the dosa.
- Now add onions on top of the uttapa.
- Flip the other side after one side is cooked(if the border came little golden color then you can flip).
- After the other part of the dosa is cooked and remove from the pan and serve.
- Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the batter.
- Enjoy oothappam immediately with tomato pickle or you can have without any pickel.