BOTTLE GOURD/LAUKI CHAPATI is one of the healthiest breakfast. These chapati/thepla are very easy to make. It has very unique taste every one will enjoy 😀 . For this chapati no need of any side dish 🙂 . You can have this for breakfast/snack .
- Bottle gourd – 100 grams (if you want can add little bit more)
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4th tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Ghee – 2 tbsp and few tbsp for cooking
- Curd – 1 tbsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Rice flour or wheat flour (required while rolling) – 2 – 3 tbsp
- Wash and peel the skin of bottle gourd.
- Grate(or you can mixy it for few sec) the bottle gourd.
- Take a bowl add wheat flour, grated bottle gourd, salt, sugar, coriander powder, cumin powder, chilly powder, ginger(very small pieces) , ghee , curd and knead well.
- If you still need moisture for kneading add little by little milk and knead very well(dough should be soft).
- Keep it aside for 10 min.
- Divide the dough into desired sized round balls.
- Take rice flour or wheat flour in small bowl .
- Now dip this ball into flour and keep on rolling board and roll it (if you want sprinkle this flour while rolling).
- Roll the thepla up to your desired thickness and length.
- Heat tawa & spread the ghee on tawa and place the thepla on hot tawa.
- Now apply ghee on upper side of the thepla.
- Turn the thepla to the other side after you got bubbles.
- Cook the thepla up to you got nice golden color spots on both sides.
Thepla is ready for serving. If you want serve this with any pickle or curd.