sorakkai dosa is one of the healthiest & delicious breakfast. sorakkai dosa or sorakaya dosa can be made instantly with Rice flour. You can have sorakaya dosa for breakfast/snack. This bottlegourd dosa is one of my most favorite dosa. This dosa taste is really awesome.
Ingredients for sorakkai dosa
- Rice flour – 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp(as per your taste) & 1/2 tbsp for bottle gourd
- Chilly powder – 1 ½ tbsp(as per your taste) & 1/2 tbsp for bottle gourd
- Onion – 1 medium
- Bottle gourd – 3 inches
- Coriander seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger – 1inch
how to make sorakaya dosa or sorakkai dosa recipe with step by step photos
- Wash and peel the bottle gourd’s skin and cut them into pieces.
- Add bottle gourd pieces, salt, chilly powder, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, ginger into a mixy jar and grind them into a fine paste.
- Chop the onions into very small pieces.
- Take a bowl add flour, chilly powder, salt and mix well.
- Add the bottle gourd paste and mix once again.
- Make a thin batter (as shown in pic) with the help of water.
- Heat a dosa pan on stove, after pan got hot pour few drops of oil and spread that oil over the pan with the help of spoon or spatula.
- Pour the batter on pan starting from the border of the pan to the middle with the help of large spoon (the flame should be medium other wise dosa will not get cooked & onions wont stick to the dosa).
- Add onions on the top of the dosa (now you can keep the high flame).
- Again add the oil around the borders of the dosa.
- Flip the other side after one side is cooked (if the border came little golden color then you can flip).
- After the other side of the dosa is cooked and remove from the pan and serve.
- Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the batter.
You can have this tasty sorakkai dosa (without any thing), if you want you can have with any dal / pickle.