capsicum curry for chapathi– shimla mirch are cooked in peanuts and sesame seed gravy along with some Indian spices. the peanut gravy gives yummy taste to the capsicum curry. this capsicum gravy for chapathi is one of the most delicious curry among all capsicum recipes.
capsicum curry for chapathi is very delicious, easy and quick recipe. I am showing this capsicum masala curry andhra style. This capsicum dish will be prepared in less than 20 minutes. we can have this capsicum curry with rice or roti or naan or poori or chapathi.
Looking for other easy capsicum curry recipes then check capsicum sabji, Capsicum gravy curry, capsicum curry recipe for rice, Shimla mirch curry, Aloo capsicum is a capsicum dry recipe.The main taste of the curry comes from the gravy, so make sure to cook the gravy perfectly.
Some times when there is no time to prepare chutney for idli or dosa I used to serve this gravy as chutney for idli and dosa, it tastes excellent. I suggest if you have more left over sabji then have with idly or dosa.
The given measurements in the capsicum gravy for chapathi are perfectly suits for 2 people (includes lunch & dinner). This capsicum gravy has very easy process any one can attempt to prepare this capsicum recipe. if you want to prepare the sabzi in quick time then skip the process of dry roasting the peanuts and sesame seeds and add them directly into the mixy jar. Don’t worry about the taste, because the taste is same. Usually I prefer this method because we can save some time.
Start the process of capsicum curry for chapathi by adding sesame seeds, peanuts or groundnuts, jeera, coriander seeds, tamarind, jaggery, salt, chilly powder and water and make it into fine paste. Wash and chop the capsicum into pieces. Chop onions and tomato into very fine pieces. If you want full gravy then you can add onions and tomato into mixy jar along with nuts.Then fry the gravy until it oozes oil and add capsicum pieces and cook the curry until capsicum pieces are cooked.
Ingredients used in capsicum curry for chapathi
- Capsicum or shimla mirch or bell peppers – 3 medium
- Groundnuts or peanuts-20-25 grams
- Sesame seeds -20-25 grams
- Salt -1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder -3/4th tbsp(as per your taste)
- Tamarind -as shown in pic
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Onion – 1 medium
- Jeera or cumin seeds -1/4th tbsp
- Coriander seeds -1/4th tbsp
- sugar – ½ tbsp
- Water – 1/4th cup
how to make capsicum gravy for chapathi
- Heat a pan and dry roast groundnuts until they get golden color (dry roast the peanuts on medium flame other wise they will burn).
- Now remove them into a plate.
- In the same pan dry roast the sesame seeds until they gets golden color (sesame seeds will roast very quickly it usually takes 1 – 2 minutes), switch off the flame.
- Now make them to cool.
- Wash capsicum and tomato thoroughly.
- Chop the capsicum and tomato into small pieces.
- Chop the onion into fine pieces.
- To prepare the curry paste, take a mixy jar add fried sesame seeds, ground nuts, jeera, coriander seeds, tamarind, sugar or jaggery, and chilly powder, now make them into fine paste with the help of water.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add oil.
- add onions, salt.
- fry the onions until they are translucent. onions will fry quickly as we added salt.
- Now add tomatoes and fry until they are little smashy.
- Now add masala gravy.
- Fry the gravy until it oozes the oil from its surroundings. cook gravy on medium flame to avoid sticking gravy to the cooker or kadai.
- while cooking gravy stir in between more often and if masala is getting stick to the pan add some more oil, so that it wont stick.
- Now add the capsicum pieces and fry for 2minutes.
- Add 1/4th cup of water and keep the lid.
- Cook the curry for 3 whistles and switch off the flame.
- remove the lid and fry for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- You can have this delicious and nutritious capsicum gravy for chapathi with rice, frankies or rotis.
While preparing this curry cook the gravy perfectly until it oozes oil from it.
- make sure use fresh sesame seeds because some times sesames seeds may give bitter taste to the curry.
- dont add more quantity of water when you are preparing this curry in pressure cooker (add only 1/4th cup op water).
- you can switch off the curry for 2 whistles too.
- If you prepare this capsicum gravy for chapathi in kadai then you need more quantity of water (more than ½ glass).
- You have to stir the capsicum masala for every 2-3 min until capsicum pieces gets cooked.
Nutrition for capsicum: