GULAB JAMUN is India’s most popular sweet. Gulab jamun’s taste is fabulous 😀 . Gulab jamun is one of my most most favorite sweet. This jamuns are very popular desert in weddings,parties&festivals. Fry these jamuns in ghee, it enhances the taste. To get perfect jamuns you have to deep fry them on medium flame otherwise inner part of the jamun won’t gets cooked.And while frying stir them so that every jamun will get even golden color.
- Gulab jamun mix – 500 grams
- Sugar – 300 grams
- Cardamom – 3 pods
- Water – 250 ml
- Ghee/oil for deep frying
- Saffron – 4 strands
- Take a bowl add gulab jamun mix, sugar(1 tbsp) & ghee (1 tbsp) and mix like dough (dough should be breakable not soft) with the help of water.
- Rest the dough for 10 min.
- Now divide the dough into desired size & shape (round/oblong) balls.
- In the mean time heat the ghee in a kadai for deep frying the jamuns.
- Now test the oil is in correct temperature or not for frying jamuns by adding a small pinch of dough, if that comes up with in few seconds means oil is perfect for frying.
- Now add jamuns one by one and fry them on medium flame(otherwise inner part of the jamun won’t gets cooked) until you get nice golden color.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the jamuns.
- Now keep aside all the jamuns.
- In a bowl/kadai(keep wider one) add sugar, water and heat the syrup.
- Once sugar dissolved in water add saffron & cardamom.
- Boil the syrup until you get nice sticky texture & switch off the flame.
- Now add all the jamuns one by one slowly.
- Soak the jamuns in sugar syrup for 30 min and serve yummy gulab jamuns.
Now you can enjoy the Gulab Jamuns.