lauki paratha is one of the healthiest breakfast. lauki paratha recipe is very easy to make. lauki paratha has very unique taste every one will enjoy . For this lauki paratha no need of any side dish. You can have this for breakfast/snack.
lauki paratha is a popular north indian snack. to make lauki paratha main ingredients are lauki and wheat flour. lauki is known as bottle gourd, dudhi, sorakaya, sorakkai. serve this lauki paratha when it is hot along with curd or pickle. if you want spicy then serve dudhi paratha with tomato pickle.
dudhi paratha is very nutritious breakfast. include lauki in diet as it has many health benefits. lauki helps in digestion. other lauki recipes are anapakaya kura, bottle gourd curry, lauki gravy. dudhi can also be used in dal varieties like bottle gourd sambar, and breakfast recipes like lauki dosa, lauki and carrot dosa.
Ingredients for lauki paratha
- Bottle gourd or lauki or dudhi – 100 grams (if you want can add little bit more)
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4th tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Ghee – 2 tbsp and few tbsp for cooking
- Curd – 1 tbsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Rice flour or wheat flour (required while rolling) – 2 – 3 tbsp
how to make lauki paratha
- Wash and peel the skin of bottle gourd.
- Grate (or you can blend lauki pieces for few seconds, if you don’t have time use this method) the bottle gourd.
- Take a bowl add wheat flour, grated bottle gourd or lauki, salt, sugar, coriander powder, cumin powder, chilly powder, ginger(very small pieces), ghee , curd and knead well.
- If you still need moisture for kneading add little by little milk and knead very well (dough should be soft).
- Keep it aside for 10 min.
- Divide the dough into desired sized round balls.
- Take rice flour or wheat flour in small bowl .
- Now dip this ball into flour and keep on rolling board and roll it (if you want sprinkle this flour while rolling).
- Roll the paratha up to your desired thickness and length.
- Heat tawa and spread the ghee on tawa and place the thepla on hot tawa.
- Now apply ghee on upper side of the thepla.
- Turn the paratha to the other side after you got bubbles.
- Cook the paratha up to you got nice golden color spots on both sides.
lauki paratha is ready for serving. If you want serve this with any pickle or curd.