sorakaya curry: with step by step photos. This bottle gourd recipe for chapathi is prepared with groundnut and tomato gravy. We can prepare so many dishes with this bottle gourd / sorakkai/ sorakaya / lauki / dudhi like lauki ki sabzi, bottle gourd paratha, lauki ki halwa, instant bottle gourd dosa recipe. This sorakaya curry is no onion sabzi. In sorakaya curry, lauki pieces are cooked in groundnut and tomato gravy and along with some Indian spices. If you are looking for other bottle gourd recipes for chapati then check sorakaya kura, sorakkai recipe for chapathi, anapakaya curry south Indian.
sorakaya curry is one of the most delicious curry among all bottle gourd recipes for chapati. it perfectly goes with rice or chapathi. This sorakaya curry has very easy process and showing pressure cooker method to finish the curry in just few minutes. If you want to prepare the bottle gourd recipe in kadai then add little more quantity of water to cook the lauki. in telugu this dish is known as anapakaya kura.
sorakaya is very healthy vegetable as it contains more quantity of water. so we should include sorakaya regular in our diet. as i have got bored with regular sorakaya dishes, then i got this idea of sorakaya kura. i have prepare and it came out very delicious and every one enjoys this curry.
We are adding maida into the gravy to get nice thick consistency to the bottle gourd recipe. If you want to skip maida then add cashews instead of it. This sorakaya curry is no onion recipe, we are adding garlic into the gravy, and if you want to skip garlic then you can skip it. In sorakaya curry we have added tamarind and sugar to get nice flavors to the curry. Take care while adding tamarind if you add more then the sabzi won’t be that much tasty. As we are adding tamarind add little bit of sugar the taste will be enhanced.
You are looking for other easy indian gravy curry recipes then check
How to make sorakaya curry for chapathi with step by step photos:
Ingredients for sorakaya curry
- Bottle gourd (lauki or sorakaya) – 7 inches
- Tomatoes – 1 big
- Maida or all purpose flour- 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Shahjeera – 1/2 tbsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 5 pods
- Coriander seeds -1/2 tbsp
- Ground nuts – 3 tbsp
- Tamarind – 2 inches
- Sugar – ½ tbsp
- Salt -1 ½ – 2 tbsp(as per your taste)
- Chilly powder – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Water – ½ cup
- Oil – 4 tbsp
bottle gourd recipes with step by step photos
- to make sorakaya curry: wash the bottle gourd (sorakaya).
- Peel the skin of the bottle gourd and cut them into small pieces.
- Wash and chop the tomato into pieces.
- To prepare gravy, take a mixy jar add tomatoes, cumin seeds, shahjeera, salt, chilly powder, coriander seeds, garlic, maida, ground nuts, tamarind, sugar and make all these into fine paste with the help of water.
- I didn’t dry roast any of them I have added directly into the blender, so that we can save time if you want you can dry roast and blend them.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add oil.
- After oil gets heated then add the gravy.
- Fry the gravy until gravy oozes the oil from its surroundings. cook the gravy perfectly as we did not dry roast them.
- Add bottle gourd pieces and fry for 2 minutes to remove raw flavor of sorakaya.
- Add water (add 1/4th cup of water) and cook for 3 whistles.
- cool the cooker and remove lid, fry the curry once again for 2 minutes (if water exists in the curry fry for some more time to vaporize all the existing water)
- Have & enjoy this delicious sorakaya curry for chapathi or rice or idly.