Maida halwa is a very delicious sweet. It has very enjoyable taste. Maida halwa is one of the sweets which is prepare during festivals. It is my most favorite halwa. Every one enjoys this halwa 🙂 . Don’t reduce the ghee quantity because it gives an awesome taste to the halwa. Add good quantity of dry fruits because they will enhances the taste of halwa.
- All purpose flour / maida – 1 cup
- Sugar –1 ½ cup (as per your taste)
- Ghee – more than ½ cup
- Dry fruits (all varities)
- Cardamom – 3
- Water – ½ cup
Take a bowl add maida, salt & mix well.
- Now add water and make into thin batter.
- Take a kadai add ghee & add dry fruits and fry them until they get nice golden color.
- Heat a kadai, add sugar & water, and boil the sugar syrup until you get one thread consistency (stir in between).
- Now add little by little maida batter into the sugar syrup & mix thoroughly with out any lumps on slow flame (important step).
- Once the mixture gets little bit thicken then start adding ghee like 2 tbsp for every 2 – 3 min. You have to mix continuously to avoid lumps.
- After you added 5 turns of ghee then add dry fruits & cardamom and mix well.
- Once the halwa is leaving from the kadai then stop adding ghee & switch off the flame.
Now delicious & mouth watering halwa is ready for enjoying 🙂
- While making the maida batter make sure you are not having any lumps.
- Adding ghee is the main part in the halwa process; add ghee for every 2 min.
- I didn’t add color; if you want you can add color.
- if you want the halwa into pieces then transfer the halwa into the plate (grease with ghee) & cut them into desired shape pieces after the mixutre gets cooled.