boorelu recipe with detailed step by step photos. we are preparing this burelu with pesarapappu and coconut. so these boorelu also known as kobbari boorelu or pesarapappu boorulu in andhra. boorulu is a sweet which is most famous in andhra and it is a compulsory sweet for festivals, marriages. at my home boorelu are usually prepared during festivals like navrati, pongal, deepvali for naivedyam for god.
these boorelu are very delicious sweet. pesarapappu boorelu has little bit long process but we will enjoy a lot after we have these boorelu. when ever we do these boorelu at home we usually prepare andhra pulihora recipe too as these both are an excellent combination.
as boorelu has little bit complicated process follow each step carefully as explained in the recipe. take exact measurements of the boorelu recipe.
if you are looking for some sweet recipes then check
- Moong dal – 1 cup
- Urad dal – 1/4th cup
- Rice – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Cardamom – 3 pods
- Coconut – ½ shell
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
pesarapappu boorelu || burelu recipe with step by step photos
- Wash & soak the urad dal & rice for 4 hrs.
- Wash & soak the moong dal for 2 hrs.
- Grind the moong dal into a kachabacha paste with out adding any water.
- Grind the urad dal & rice into fine paste, if you want add little water while grinding.
- Now grease the idly trays with oil or ghee.
- Now keep the moong dal mixture into the tray with the help of large spoon.
- And steam them like idly for 7-10 min.
- After moong dal idlies get cooled and smash them into powder like consistency (with out any lumps) with the hand.
- Grind some coconut pieces & cardamom.
- Heat a bowl add sugar & water, and boil it until you got nice bubbles.
- In the mean time heat a kadai add ghee, after ghee gets hot add coconut powder & fry until powder until little golden color.
- Now add the moong dal mixture, mix once & switch off the flame.
- Add the sugar syrup and mix thoroughly, make into desired size balls.
- Take the urad dal & rice mixture into a bowl add salt & sugar & mix once.
- In the mean heat the oil for deep frying.
- Dip this moong dal bals into the urad dal & rice mixture and make sure that ball is compeletly coated with the urad dal mixute.
- Now take the ball out from the mixture and deep fry (you can deep fry 5 – 7 boorelu at a time)until you got nice golden color.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the balls.
Now boorelu recipe | pesarapappu boorelu are ready for naivedyam.