PALAKAYALU are made with rice flour. These crispy palakayalu are very tasty. This snack is popular in Andhra. Usually in some places these are made on krishnashtami as naivedyam to Lord Krishna. This is an excellent snack during tea time & children will love them 🙂 as palakayalu are crispy & tasty.
- Rice Flour – 1 cup (250 grams)
- Salt – 1 ½ tsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder -1 ½ tsp (as per your taste)
- Water – 1 cup
- Sesame seeds – 3 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl add rice flour, salt, chilly powder, sesame seeds, ginger paste & mix well.
- Now add water & mix like a dough.
- Now you can heat the oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Now divide the dough into small round balls.
- Now test the oil is in correct temperature or not for frying by adding pinch of dough if the dough comes up in 2-3 seconds means oil is perfect for frying.
- Now add the balls one by one & fry them on medium flame, until you got nice golden color.
- Do the same for the rest of the balls.
Now enjoy this delicious snack with your family.