Bhindi masala fry with step by step photos. Bhindi masala fry is a crispy and dry curry with ground nut & sesame seed masala, so it is a crispy bhindi masala fry. I am showing this bhindi masala fry in north indian style. This bhindi masala fry has very unique taste. Try other ladies finger recipes like aloo bhindi sabzi, bhindi cashew gravy curry. You can prepare this bhindi masala fry as stuffed bhindi masala fry recipe too.
We can say this bhindi masala fry recipe is one of the special dishes for regular parties. Have this okra masala with rice / sambar rice / curd rice. Use fresh and tender ladies finger vegetable for this bhindi fry recipe. In this crispy bhindi fry recipe ladies finger will be have nice crispy texture.
Always wash ladies finger first and then chop them other wise we will get gummy texture from the ladies finger. For this bhindi fry recipe we want 1 inch pieces of ladies finger, so chop each ladies finger into 1 inch small pieces evenly so that while frying all will get nice even and crispy texture.
To prepare the masala for the bhindi masala fry we are using fried ground nuts and sesame seeds. First we will dry roast them and we will make into kacha bacha powder. In the mean time we have to deep fry ladies finger pieces. Now you have to keep tempering and add the masala powder and roast it for few minutes and we will add ladies finger pieces and fry for another few minutes and switch off the flame. Bhindi fry recipe is ready to serve with rice / sambar rice / roti / curd rice. Check my other favorite bendakaya tomato curry which I regularly prepare at home.
ingredients for bhindi masala fry recipe:
- 15 Ladies finger/bhindi/bendakaya/okra
- Ground nuts – 3 tbsp
- Sesame seeds – 3 tbsp
- Corrinader seeds – ½ tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tbsp
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp(as per your taste)
- Chilly powder – 1 ½ tbsp(as per your taste)
- Oil for deep frying
- Curry leaves – few
how to make bhindi masala fry recipe with step by step photos (suits for 2 people):
- Wash ladies finger / bhindi thoroughly and wipe them to avoid water moisture.
- Now chop and remove the upper and lower parts of ladies finger (we won’t use them in curry, so throw them).
- Chop ladies finger / bhindi into 1 inch pieces.
- Keep a kadai or pan on stove, add ground nuts, coriander, cumin seeds and fry until you get nice golden color ground nuts (make sure not to burn any thing and fry them on medium flame).
- Remove them from kadai and transfer into a plate.
- Then add sesame seeds and fry for 2 minutes (make sure not to burn sesame seeds).
- In mean time heat a kadai add oil for deep frying the ladies fingers / bhendi.
- Make ground nuts and sesame seeds to cool down.
- After they were cooled make them into kacha bacha powder.
- Now test the oil is in correct temperature or not for frying ladies finger by adding one piece of ladies finger if it comes up in few seconds means oil is perfect for frying.
- Now add ladies finger pieces and deep fry them until they get nice crispy texture.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the ladies finger / bhindi pieces.
- Now heat a kadai add oil then add curry leaves and fry for few seconds.
- Now add the kacha bacha masala powder, salt, chilly powder and mix well.
- Fry the masala powder for few minutes.
- Then add fried ladies fingers and fry them for 3 minutes.
- Now switch off the flame.
- Now tasty bhindi masala fry recipe is ready to serve & enjoy with your family & friends.