capsicum masala with step by step photos. capsicum masala curry is very delicious curry. We can say this capsicum masala is one of the most delicious curry among all capsicum recipes. I am showing this capsicum masala in andhra style. This capsicum curry will be prepared in less than 20 minutes. we can have this capsicum masala with rice or roti or naan or poori. Looking for other easy capsicum recipes then check Capsicum peanut curry, capsicum curry with almond powder, Shimla mirch or capsicum curry, Aloo capsicum is a capsicum dry recipe.
In this capsicum masala curry for roti – shimla mirch are cooked in peanuts and sesame seed gravy along with some Indian spices. The main taste of the curry comes from the gravy, so make sure to cook the gravy perfectly.
This capsicum masala recipe is perfectly suits for rice or chapathi or naan. Some times when there is no time to prepare chutney for idly or dosa I used to serve this gravy as chutney for idly and dosa, it tastes excellent. I suggest if you have more left over capsicum masala then have with idly or dosa.
The given measurements in the curry are perfectly suits for 2 people (includes lunch & dinner). This capsicum masala has very easy process any one can attempt to prepare this curry. if you want to prepare the sabzi in quick time then skip the process of dry roasting the peanuts and sesame seeds and add them directly into the mixy jar. Don’t worry about the taste, because the taste is same. Usually I prefer this method because we can save some time.
Start the process by adding sesame seeds, peanuts or groundnuts, jeera, coriander seeds, tamarind, jaggery, salt, chilly powder and water and make it into fine paste. Wash and chop the capsicum into pieces. Chop onions and tomato into very fine pieces. If you want full gravy then you can add onions and tomato into mixy jar along with nuts.Then fry the gravy until it oozes oil and add capsicum pieces and cook the curry until capsicum pieces are cooked.
Not only this capsicum masala curry is perfectly suits for rice or chapati but it is an excellent stuffing for Frankie too. If you are looking for Frankie recipes then check here veg Frankie and capsicum Frankie.
capsicum masala recipe
- Capsicum or shimla mirch or bell peppers – 3 medium
- Groundnuts or peanuts-20-25 grams
- Sesame seeds -20-25 grams
- Salt -1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder -3/4th tbsp(as per your taste)
- Tamarind -as shown in pic
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Onion – 1 medium
- Jeera or cumin seeds -1/4th tbsp
- Coriander seeds -1/4th tbsp
- sugar – ½ tbsp
- Water – 1/4th cup
how to make capsicum masala with step by step photos:
- Heat a pan and dry roast groundnuts until they get golden color (dry roast the peanuts on medium flame other wise they will burn).
- Now remove them into a plate.
- In the same pan dry roast the sesame seeds until they gets golden color (sesame seeds will roast very quickly it usually takes 1 – 2 minutes), switch off the flame.
- Now make them to cool.
- Wash capsicum and tomato thoroughly.
- Chop the capsicum and tomato into small pieces.
- Chop the onion into fine pieces.
- To prepare the curry paste, take a mixy jar add fried sesame seeds, ground nuts, jeera, coriander seeds, tamarind, sugar or jaggery, and chilly powder, now make them into fine paste with the help of water.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add oil, onions, salt and fry the onions until they are translucent.
- Now add tomatoes and fry until they are little smashy.
- Now add masala gravy.
- Fry the gravy until it oozes the oil from its surroundings.
- Now add the capsicum pieces and fry for 2min.
- Add 1/4th cup of water and keep the lid.
- Cook the curry for 3 whistles and switch off the flame.
- You can have this delicious and nutritious capsicum masala curry with rice, frankies or rotis.
While preparing this curry cook the gravy perfectly until it oozes oil from it.
- make sure use fresh sesame seeds because some times sesames seeds may give bitter taste to the curry.
- dont add more quantity of water when you are preparing this curry in pressure cooker (add only 1/4th cup op water).
- you can switch off the curry for 2 whistles too.
- If you prepare this capsicum masala recipe in kadai then you need more quantity of water (more than ½ glass).
- You have to stir the curry for every 2-3 min until capsicum pieces gets cooked.
Nutrition for capsicum: