Drumstick kaju curry with step by step photos. This drumstick kaju curry recipe is most delicious curry when compared with other drumstick recipes. showing this drumstick cashew curry in andhra style, we can call this drumstick curry as munnakkaya jedipappu masala in telugu. we can have this drumstick kaju curry with rice or roti. Check other related drumstick recipes like drumstick almond curry
Drumstick curry has nice rich textured gravy which has very delicious taste. Kaju and drumsticks will allow nice flavors to the masala gravy. This drumstick recipe is an excellent side for any poori, roti, naan, rice and idly too. The gravy will goes excellent with idly / dosa. If you are looking for some other indian curries then check
Use sufficient amount of cashews to get nice flavorful and yummy gravy. I used Bangalore tomatoes to avoid more sourness to the curry, if Bangalore tomatoes are not available at your place use normal tomatoes but make sure use correct quantity. One more thing is chop tomatoes and onions into very fine pieces so that they mix up with the gravy. I have used cashew bits in the drumstick curry that is optional if you want you can use other wise skip that step. Enjoy this drumstick kaju curry recipe with any roti, rice, poori and idly.
This drumstick kaju curry is perfectly suits for 2 – 3 people for lunch or dinner, if you want to serve more than 2 people then double the quantities accordingly.
drumstick curry ingredients
- Drumsticks – 2 no
- Cashew nuts – 15 – 20 whole
- Onions – 1 medium
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Cashew bits
- Ginger & garlic – 1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 1/4th tbsp
- Cumins seeds – 1/4th tbsp
- Sahjeera – 1/4th tbsp
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder – 1 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Poppy seeds – 1/4th tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1/4th cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4th tbsp
- Dagad Phool/Black stone Flower – 1
how to make drumstick kaju / cashew curry recipe with step by step photos:
- Wash the drumstick vegetable thoroughly. Make sure use only tender drumsticks to this curry.
- Chop the drumsticks into 3 inches in length.
- To prepare the kaju masala, take a mixy jar add cumin seeds / jeera, coriander seeds, salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder, shahjeera, cashew nuts / kaju, poppy seeds, ginger & garlic and make them into fine paste with the help of water.
- Now chop the onion into very fine pieces.
- Chop the tomato into small pieces, I used Bangalore tomatoes.
- To prepare the drumstick kaju curry, heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add oil then add onions and flower / dagad phool, salt.
- Fry the onions until they are translucent.
- Now add tomato pieces and fry for another 2 min.
- Now add drumsticks & cashew nut bits (optional) after tomatoes are slightly smashed.
- Add the gravy, and fry the gravy until it oozes out oil from its surroundings.
- Add some water and cook for 3 whistles.
- After curry was cooked check if any water exists just fry the curry until water is evaporated. serve this drumstick curry when it is warm.
- Serve drumstick kaju curry rich and delicious curry with ildy, rice, naans and rotis.
- Make sure to use thin and tender drumstick vegetable to this curry.
- Chop all the drumsticks into equal size pieces.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes into very fine pieces.
- If you prepare this curry in kadai then you need more quantity of water(more than ½ glass).
- You have to stir the curry for every 2-3 min until vegetable pieces gets cooked.
Check this link for nutrition benefits for drumstick vegetable http://www.healthbenefitstimes.com/health-benefits-of-drumsticks/
find how to make drumstick curry recipe below