leftover rice dosa | cooked rice dosa | dosa with leftover rice
leftover rice dosa – quick and delicious breakfast. Fermentation not required to prepare this cooked rice dosa. instant dosa is prepared by leftover cooked rice, rice flour & maida, so we can call it as dosa with leftover rice.
Chutney also not required for this leftover rice dosa as we are adding chilly powder into it.
This cooked rice dosa will have little bit soft & crispy texture. Every one likes this instant rice dosa. These type of instant breakfasts will be so helpful when there is no much time to prepare breakfast. dosa with leftover rice has very easy & quick process.
Start the process of leftover rice dosa by blending the left over rice by adding small amount of water. Take a bowl add cooked rice paste, rice flour, maida, salt & chilly powder mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
Now add little by little quantity of water to make thin batter, make sure the batter should not have any lumps. In case lumps exists in your batter just smash all the lumps with your hands.
In the mean time heat a dosa pan after dosa pan got hot pour few drops of oil and spread that oil over the dosa pan. Now pour the instant dosa batter on the pan starting from the border of the pan to the middle with the help of large spoon.
Immediately add the oil around the borders of the dosa. Flip the dosa after borders of the dosa turned into crispy texture (should have golden color). Cook on the other side of the dosa too. Repeat the same for rest of the batter. Serve when leftover rice dosa is warm.
Ingredients for leftover rice dosa
- Cooked rice – 1 cup (85 grams)
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
step by step photo procedure on cooked rice dosa
- Take a mixy add cooked rice and make it into fine thick paste by adding small quantity of water.
- Take a bowl add cooked rice batter, rice flour, maida, salt, chilly powder and mix well.
- Make a thin batter (as shown in pic) with the help of water.
- Heat a dosa pan on stove, after pan got hot pour few drops of oil and spread that oil over the pan with the help of spoon or spatula.
- Pour the batter on pan starting from the border of the pan to the middle with the help of large spoon.
- Again add the oil around the borders of the dosa.
- Flip the other side after one side is cooked (if the border came little golden color then you can flip).
- After the other part of the dosa is cooked and remove from the pan and serve.
- Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the batter.
You can have this yummy leftover rice dosa as it is without any chutney.