bottle gourd recipe for chapathi with step by step photos. This bottle gourd recipe is prepared with groundnut and tomato gravy. We can prepare so many dishes with this bottle gourd / sorakkai/ sorakaya / lauki / dudhi like lauki ki sabzi, bottle gourd paratha, lauki ki halwa, instant bottle gourd dosa recipe. This sorakaya curry is no onion sabzi. In this bottle gourd recipe or sorakaya curry, lauki pieces are cooked in groundnut and tomato gravy and along with some Indian spices. If you are looking for other bottle-gourd recipes for chapati then check sorakaya-kura, sorakkai recipe for chapathi, sorakaya kura south Indian.
This lauki-sabzi is one of the most delicious curry among all bottle gourd recipes for chapati. This lauki sabzi perfectly goes with rice or chapathi. This bottle gourd curry has very easy process and showing pressure cooker method to finish the curry in just few minutes. If you want to prepare the bottle gourd recipe in kadai then add little more quantity of water to cook the lauki.
We are adding maida into the gravy to get nice thick consistency to the dudhi recipe. If you want to skip maida then add cashews instead of it. This is no onion recipe, we are adding garlic into the gravy, and if you want to skip garlic then you can skip it. In this lauki curry we have added tamarind and sugar to get nice flavors to the curry. Take care while adding tamarind if you add more then the sabzi won’t be that much tasty. As we are adding tamarind add little bit of sugar the taste will be enhanced.
You are looking for other easy indian gravy curry recipes then check
How to make lauki recipe for chapathi, rice/lauki sabzi with step by step photos:
Ingredients for bottle gourd recipe
- Bottle gourd – 7 inches
- Tomatoes – 1 big
- Maida or all purpose flour- 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Shahjeera – 1/2 tbsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 5 pods
- Coriander seeds -1/2 tbsp
- Ground nuts – 3 tbsp
- Tamarind – 2 inches
- Sugar – ½ tbsp
- Salt -1 ½ – 2 tbsp(as per your taste)
- Chilly powder – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Water – ½ cup
- Oil – 4 tbsp
sorakaya curry with step by step photos
- Wash the bottle gourd.
- Peel the skin of the bottle gourd and cut them into small pieces.
- Wash and chop the tomato into pieces.
- To prepare gravy, take a mixy jar add tomatoes, cumin seeds, shahjeera, salt, chilly powder, coriander seeds, garlic, maida, ground nuts, tamarind, sugar and make all these into fine paste with the help of water.
- I didn’t dry roast any of them I have added directly into the blender, so that we can save time if you want you can dry roast and blend them.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add oil.
- After oil gets heated then add the gravy.
- Fry the gravy until gravy oozes the oil from its surroundings.
- Add bottle gourd pieces and fry for 2 min.
- Add water (add 1/4th cup of water) and cook for 3 whistles.
- Have & enjoy this delicious lauki recipe for rice or chapathi or idly.