mushroom curry recipe with step by step pics – delicious mushroom masala curry recipe. this is an easy and quick recipe of white button mushrooms in an onion-cashew based moderate spiced gravy. serve mushroom curry with plain rice, jeera rice, biryani, pulao.
i use this mushroom gravy as a base for preparing paneer masala. Mushroom masala goes very well as a side gravy dish with chapatis, roti, parathas, naan.
This mushroom recipe is very easy to prepare as there is no much preparation work. There is thick, creamy gravy in this recipe which can be serve for steamed rice, chapatis.as we have added cashews in this gravy it is thick and creamy.
if you are looking for more easy mushroom recipes then check kadai mushroom, mushroom biryani, mushroom korma, mushroom biryani in pressure cooker and kadai mushroom gravy recipe.
mushroom curry recipe card below:
mushroom curry recipe with step by step pics
- Wash the mushrooms. Remove bit of base stalk and chop them. if you don’t want to wash then wipe. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter or ghee in a pan or pressure cooker, melt it.
- Add sliced mushrooms and 7 cashew nuts.
- Stir and saute till they get little golden color..
- Remove and keep aside.
- In a grinder or blender, take 1 cup roughly chopped onions, 13 cashew nuts, ½ tbsp cumin seeds, ½ tbsp coriander seeds, ½ tbsp poppy seeds, ½ tbsp shahjeera, 1 tbsp of chopped ginger and 1 tbsp of garlic.
- Grind to a smooth paste by adding very little water like 1/4th cup water.
- Heat 3 tbsp ghee in a pan and add 1/2 inch cinnamon stick, 4 cloves.
- Saute the spices till they changed little color.
- add above masala gravy paste and stir once.
- Reduce the flame add 1/4th tbsp of turmeric powder, 1 ½ tbsp of salt, 1 ½ tbsp of chilly powder.
- Stir and saute the paste till paste gets gloden color.
- Stir the paste on medium flame.
- After oil is oozing out from the paste add fried white button mushrooms and cashew nuts.
- Keep the mushroom curry on simmer and stir for 2 minutes.
- Now add fried mushrooms and cashews and fry for 1 min.
- Add ½ cup water or as required.
- Keep the cooker lid and cook for 3 whistles.
- Swich off.
- Remove the lid after 10 minutes.
- stir and saute the curry once again for 4 minutes on medium flame.
- Switch off the flame
- Serve this mushroom curry with chapatis, roti, naan, biryani, rice, pulao, poori.