peanut chutney recipe with step by step photos. peanut chutney is very perfect option for dosa or idly. dosa peanut chutney recipe is a combination of peanuts and almonds, so it is a peanut and almond chutney. we can say peanut chutney is very healthy start in the morning breakfast as we are adding two healthy ingredients groundnuts and almonds at a time. If you are looking for regular palli chutney or groundnut chutney then look at the another dosa chutney.
groundnut chutney has very easy process like other dosa chutneys like chana dal chutney,
if you want to give more almonds to your kid or some one in your family then the dosa peanut chutney is an correct option to start. you can have this chutney with any breakfast like idly, dosa. some times i will serve peanut chutney with instant dosa varieties like instant cooked rice dosa, instant bottle gourd dosa, instant carrot dosa.
the process of the peanut chutney is so easy, just dry roast the groundnuts, almonds & garlic pods till they get light brown color (make sure not to burn any of the ingredients, if you burn any one of the ingredient the chutney taste will get spoiled). so dry roast them on medium flame. acutally i will dry roast peanuts in bulk quantity and store them in air tight conatiner, so that when ever peanuts required then i will use them for chutney or peanut gravy curries. now you can remove the skin of peanuts.
then do tempering in the same pan and add tempering to the chutney once it is blended. adding garlic to the chutney will give an extra punch to the chutney, no need to tell peanut and garlic are an excellent combination, you can check groundnut and garlic powder which can be used in frankies, curries or just as powder to have with ghee rice. you can have this chutney with dosa, idly.
how to prepare dosa peanut chutney:
The given measurements in the chutney perfectly suits for two people.
Calories – 350
Ingredients used in dosa peanut chutney:
- peanuts or Ground nuts – 70 grams
- Almonds – 8 almonds
- Salt – 1/2 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Green chilly – 1 small
- Mustard seeds,cumin seeds,urad dal
- Curry leaves
- Garlic – 2 pods
- In a pan fry the groundnuts, almonds & garlic pods till they get light brown color.
- Take them out and cool them.
- In same pan add oil then add mustard seeds,cumin seeds, urad dal and curry leaves fry for 1-2 min and switch off the flame.
- Take a mixy jar and grind ground nuts, garlic, greenchilly, salt, almonds into fine paste with help of water.
- Now take chutney into serving bowl and mix above tempering with chutney.
- Have an enjoy dosa chutney.
find peanut chutney recipe below: