Showing suji halwa recipe with milk: Easy, delicious and quick Sooji halwa with milk is prepared with semolina, sugar, dry fruits and milk. we can prepare many suji recipes like sooji laddu, suji laddu with coconut, suji dosa, oats and suji laddu, suji upma, sooji puran poli
suji halwa recipe with milk is also called as rava sheera and rava kesari. Usually I prepare suji ka halwa recipewith milk so often. And this suji ka halwa will be in orange yellowish color as they add saffron in halwa. In south india we keep sooji halwa with milk for naivedyam for the goddesses. My mom used to prepare this suji ka halwa on vara Lakshmi varth pooja day for the goddesses Lakshmi devi. Looking for other halwa varieties then check pumpkin halwa, carrot halwa, Bombay halwa, bread halwa.
suji halwa recipe with milk has so many variations like suji halwa recipe with milk, saffron suji halwa. I have prepared it with milk you can prepare it without milk that means add water instead of milk. But in my opinion the taste will be delicious if we add milk.
This suji ka halwa with milk is my most favorite sweet recipe as it has easy preparation process and awesome taste. And one more point is if you prepare small quantity also we will get more amount of sweet as we are adding milk and sugar into it.
The main taste of the suji halwa recipe lies in milk and ghee quantity, the proportions of this suji ka halwa is ghee: suji: milk: sugar – ¼: 1: 3: 2. Quantity of the sugar depend on your taste if you want you can reduce to ½ cup of sugar, suppose you are taking 1 cup of suji then you can add 1½ cup sugar.
suji ka halwa recipe with milk can be prepare in any occasions like dasara, Pongal, dewali, Varalakshmi devi pooja, Vinayaka Chaturthi. In annavaram this is served as prasadam, but is prepared with very big sooji, it tastes awesome.
If you want to prepare this suji ka halwa with water then add water instead of milk, then skip the adding milk step. You can have this when it warm or cool. If you are looking for some more sweets then check kaja, gulab jamun, ardhi, milk poori, rava ladoo.
We will complete this suji ka halwa recipe in one sitting. as rava halwa has very easy process every one can attempt this halwa recipe. when ever guests are arriving suddenly then i will prepare this as it has easy and quick process.
i am preparing this suji ka halwa with milk, can also be preapred without milk, add water instead of milk if you want vegan halwa (skip ghee also for vegan halva version). i have added 1 : 3 ratio of sooji and milk, if you want little bit thick or thin consistency of halwa then you can increase or decrease milk quantity little bit. use enough dry fruits in th halwa to get nice delicious taste.
this suji halwa recipe with milk is one of the easiest sweet recipe. the given measurements in the rava halwa is perfectly suits 4 – 6 people. you have to stir continuously while adding milk to the sooji (if you didn’t stir well lumps may form in the halwa).
ingredients suji halwa recipe with milk(1 measurement cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup sooji (semolina, rava, upma rava)
- 1 ½ – 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups Milk or water (you can add both also like half milk and half water)
- Little more than 1/4th cup of ghee
- 10 Cashews
- 8 Kissmiss
- 7 almonds
- 3 pods Cardamom or elachi
how to make suji ka halwa with milk step by step photos
- to make suji halwa recipe with milk: heat 1/4th cup of ghee in kadai
- After ghee gets hot then add 8 kissmiss, fry them until they are nicely pluffed.
- add 10 cashews, 7 almonds fry them until they get golden color. While frying the dry fruits always stir them so that dry fruits won’t get burnt. Frying the dry fruits can take just 1 minute.
- Take only dry fruits into one plate (not ghee).
- Add 1 cup of sooji (rava or semolina, I have taken Bombay rava which is used to upma recipe) and constantly stir the sooji until it gets nice golden color. So that sooji won’t get burnt. Frying the sooji can take 8 minutes on medium flame.
- Until sooji gets golden color don’t go into the next step because color of the sooji halwa will depends on fried rava color. That too if rava did not fry well the rawness of the sooji will be remain in halwa.
- add 3 cups of milk into the rava, add milk little by little into the mixture and mean time you have to stir the rava continuously otherwise you will get lumps in the mixture.
- To avoid lumps, stir well while adding milk into the sooji and keep all the 3 cups of milk in one bowl so that you can add little by little milk and always cook on medium flame.
- when mixture is getting bubbles add 1 ½ – 2 cups of sugar, fried dry fruits and 3 cardamoms or elachi. You can crush the cardamom with stone or just remove the shell and add seeds, you can opt any method as your wish.
- Now sugar is melting in the halwa and it will be in thin consistency.
- Cook on medium flame upto mixture got thickened or upto your desired consistency, stir the halwa continuously.
- If it is cooked perfectly then you can observe ghee around the surrounding of the halwa and one more thing the halwa won’t get stick to the pan.
- To get halwa consistency it may take approximately around 8 – 9 minutes.
- Stir nicely to avoid burning to the bottom of the pan.
- Add 1tbsp of ghee and switch of the flame.
- if you want the halwa into pieces then transfer sooji halwa immediately into greased plate and cut into pieces when it is warm and take out the pieces when it gets cooled.
- You can serve or have this suji ka halwa when it is warm or cool down, with poori or after eating curd rice it tastes so yummy. If you are looking for other sweet recipe then check sweets recipes.
Dear Reader, have you tried the suji halwa recipe with milk? Let us know how you liked it in the comment section further below!