capsicum or veg frankie with step by step photos. Capsiucm Frankie or kathi roll recipe is my all time favorite break fast. We are doing this veg frankie recipe with capsicum curry which I have shown earlier ie. Capsicum ground nut gravy curry. this capsicum gravy curry is an perfect stuffing for this capsicum or veg Frankie / kathi roll recipe.You can try this other version of frankie too. You can try other capsicum curry for stuffing like capsicum masala recipe. other capsicum recipes are capsicum sabji, capsicum gravy, capsicum fry, aloo capsicum
This time I am doing this veg Frankie with capsicum stuffing. If you are looking for other easy breakfast recipes then check instant rava dosa, instant wheat flour dosa, butter milk dosa, tamarind upma,instant cooked rice dosa. When ever I thought to do this capsicum gravy curry I will do more quantity which will be sufficient for Frankie and lunch.
Capsiucm or Veg Frankie recipe has two step process, one is roti preparation and the other one capsicum stuffing. The roti is made by all purpose flour, if you want you can do the roti with wheat flour / atta too. First knead the dough for Frankie then prepare the stuffing. You can have this Vegetable Frankie as a break fast / lunch / snack / light dineer. i have added onions and tomatoes in this veg frankie if you want to add other vegetables like carrot you can go ahead and add them.
how to make veg Frankie / kathi rolls recipe with step by step photos:
Capsicum sesame seeds and ground nut gravy curry :
- Capsicum – 3 medium
- Ground nuts – 20 – 25 grams
- Sesame seeds – 20 – 25 grams
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder 3/4th tbsp (as per your taste)
- Tamarind – 2 inches
- Jeera – 1/4th tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 1/4th tbsp
- Jaggery – 1/2 of small lemon size
stuffing preparation for veg frankie:
- Heat a pan and fry sesame seeds and ground nuts separately until they get golden color.
- After they gets golden color switch off the flame and make them to cool.
- Wash capsicum thoroughly.
- Chop the capsicum into small pieces
- To prepare masala, take a mixy jar add fried sesame seeds ,ground nuts, jeera, coriander seeds, tamarind, jaggery, salt and chilly powder, now make them into fine paste with the help of water.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add oil.
- After oil was heated add gravy.
- Fry the gravy until it oozes the oil from its surroundings.
- Now add the capsicum pieces and fry for 2minutes and 1/4th cup of water and keep the lid.
- Cook the curry for 3 whistles and switch off the flame.
- Maida or All purpose fl our-1 cup
- Sugar -1tbsp
- Salt -1/2tbsp (as per your taste)
- Ghee – few tbsp for cooking
- Milk -100 ml
- Water -25 ml
- Rice flour or wheat flour(required while rolling) -2-3tbsp
- Take bowl add all purpose flour, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Knead the dough by adding milk & water and knead very well (dough should be soft).
- Keep it aside for 10 min.
- Divide the dough into desired sized round balls.
- Take rice flour or wheat flour in small bowl.
- Now dip this ball into flour and keep on rolling board and roll it (if you want sprinkle this flour while rolling).
- Roll the ball up to your desired thickness and length.
- Place this roti on hot tawa, now apply ghee on one side and flip the other side and apply ghee on that side too.
- Now flip the roti to the other side after you got bubbles.
- Cook the roti up to you got nice golden color spots on both the sides.
- Do same for the rest of the dough.
- Cut the onions and tomatoes into very fine pieces.
How to make Frankie:
- Keep a roti on a plate; add onions and tomatoes on left side corner of the roti.
- Now add prepare capsicum gravy curry next to the tomatoes.
- Roll the roti one fold then fold both the edges of that fold.
- Now roll the roti.
- Yummy veg Frankie / kathi rolls are ready, have yummy blast immediately.
Find veg Frankie recipe below: