Rice flour upma/vuppindi is very easy & tasty South Indian break fast. If you don’t have time to prepare break fast then try this break fast, because it will be finish in just 15 mins, even less than that 🙂 . To do this break fast we need just only few ingredients, the main ingredient to do this break fast is RICE FLOUR. I will keep in stock all the flours, so when ever I want I will prepare these type of break fasts immediately. So come on lets do it….
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Green chilies – 5 small or 3 large (as per your taste)
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Ginger – 1 ½ inch piece
- Mustard seeds,urad dal, jeera
- Curry leaves – few leaves
- Wash and chop green chilies and tomato.
- Take a kadai on stove add oil, after it gets hot add mustard seeds then add urad dal &jeera.
- Now add chopped green chilies & ginger, fry for 1 min and add chopped tomato pieces.
- Now add salt and fry for 2 min then add water.
- After water gets boiled add rice flour little by little.
- Mix continuously other wise it gets stick to kadai.
- After flour gets mixed with water completely then add some oil & mix once & fry for 2-3 min.
- Switch off the flame & time to have this break fast with your family.
You can have this vuppindi by mixing with curd or butter milk. Now you can enjoy this easy and delicious tiffin in morning or as a snack in evening.
- Use non stick kadai to do these type of break fasts.
- Measure correct quantities of rice flour & water (they both should be same).