rava puran poli has very different & delicious taste. For sooji appam we keep SOOJI HALWA/PRASADAM as stuffing. Halwa mixture should be thick(should able to get round balls). rava bobbatlu are very soft and melts in mouth. We can prepare these during festivals.
sooji appam ingredients:
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Sugar -1 ½ cup & 3 tbsp for dough
- Milk or water – 3 cups (you can add both also like half milk and half water)
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Cashews, almonds
- Maida – 1 Cup
- Water for kneading the dough
- Pinch of salt
rava puran poli preparation method with step by step photos
- Take a kadai on stove add ghee after ghee gets hot add cashews and add almonds.
- After dry fruits got little golden color add semolina and fry until it gets little golden color as shown in pic
- Now add milk, stir continuously while adding milk.
- Add sugar after mixture started getting bubbles.
- Stir continuously until the sweet gets thickened.
- Now you can switch off the flame.
- After sweet gets cooled, divide prasadam into small round balls.
- Take a bowl add maida, ghee, sugar & mix them well.
- Knead into very soft dough with the help of water and rest the dough for 10 min.
- Divide the dough & stuffing mixture into desired sized balls (always keep the stuffing ball little bigger in size than the dough ball).
- Apply oil on rolling board or polythene cover or milk packet cover.
- Keep the dough ball on the board and press with your fingers upto you got 1&1/2 inch in size.
- Keep the stuffing ball at the centre and cover the stuffing ball fully by pulling the edges of the dough.
- Make into a round ball.
- Now flatten the ball with your fingers (smoothly) upto your desired thickness and shape (should be little thick).
- Now top the bobbatu with cashew bits.
- Do same for the rest of the bobbatlu
- Place this bobbattu on hot tawa, now apply ghee on one side and flip the other side and apply ghee on that side too.
- Now flip the bobbattu to the other side after you got bubbles.
- Cook the bobbattu up to you got nice golden color spots on both the sides.
- Do same for the rest of the bobbatlu.
Enjoy this yummy and delicious sweet.
- For this recipe rava mixture should be thick (should able to get round balls).