LADY’S FINGER & POTATO CURRY is very simple & tasty curry. This curry is good alternative for regular LADY’S FINGER CURRY . Lady’s finger & potato is a good combination. This curry can have as a side dish for rice / rotis.
- Lady’s fingers – 15
- Onion – 1 medium
- Potato – 1 medium
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder – 3/4th tbsp (as per your taste)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4th tbsp
- Masala powder – 1/4th tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1/4th cup
- Cumin seeds and urad dal
- Wash and chop the lady’s fingers and tomato into small pieces.
- Wash and peel the potato skin and cut them into pieces.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai , add oil then add cumin seeds , urad dal and curry leaves fry for few seconds.
- Now add onions , tomato and salt fry for few 2 min.
- Add potato pieces and fry for few seconds.
- Add lady’s fingers, chilly powder, turmeric powder & masala powder fry for 1 min.
- Add water and cook for 3 whistles.
Serve this simple and tasty curry with rice or rotis.
- If you prepare this curry in kadai then you need more quantity of water(more than ½ glass).
- You have to stir the curry for every 2-3 min until lady’s finger & potato pieces gets cooked.