CAPSICUM CURRY WITH GROUNDNUT GRAVY is one of my favorite curry 🙂 because it has an unique taste. The groundnut gravy is perfectly suits for capsicum. It has very simple process to prepare. You can have this curry with rice/roti/poori. It is one of the excellent side dishes for poori. If your kids wont eat capsicum then try this curry they will love it 🙂
- Capsicum – 3 – 4 No
- Ground nuts – 50 grams
- Chilly powder – 3/4th spoon (as per your taste)
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Coriander seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Shahjeera – 1/4th tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4th tbsp
- Maida – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Water- 1/4th cup
- Wash and chop capsicums into small pieces.
- Take a mixy jar and add ground nuts, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, maida, coriander seeds, shahjeera , salt, chilly powder.
- Now make them into paste with help of water.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add oil.
- Add the above gravy after oil gets hot, fry the gravy until oil oozes out(as shown in pic).
- Now add capsicum pieces fry for 2 min.
- Add desired quantity of water and pressure cook the curry for 3 whistles.
- If any excess water is there in cooker then fry them until water evaporates.
Now yummy yummy dish is ready. you can serve this curry with rice , idli or rotis.
- If you prepare this curry in kadai then you need more quantity of water(more than ½ glass).
- You have to stir the curry for every 2-3 min until lady’s finger pieces gets cooked.