BRINJAL CURRY WITH GROUNDNUT GRAVY is one of the version of gutti vankaya. This gravy will give very delicious taste to the brinjals. This curry has a unique taste.You can have this curry with pulao as a side dish, very delicious combination 🙂 . In this recipe i am using purple brinjals you can use green brinjals too. We can have this curry with rice/rotis.
- Brinjals – 6 no (purple brinjals)
- Ground nuts – 2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 ½ tbsp
- Salt -1 ½ tbsp – 1 3/4th tbsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder – 3/4th tbsp – 1 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Onion – 2 medium
- Ginger & garlic – 1 inch & 4 pods
- Jeera – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 3 – 4 tbsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1/4th cup
- Shahjeera – 1/4th tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4th tbsp
- Jaggery – 1/4th size of small lemon
- Tomato – 1/2 of big tomato
- Wash the brinjals.
- Slit the brinjals into star or plus shape on topper side with the help of knife.
- Chop the onions and tomato.
- Take a mixy jar add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder, shahjeera, ginger & garlic, poppy seeds, onions, tomato,sesame seeds , ground nuts &poppy seeds, jaggery and make them into fine paste(add only few drops of water if required).
- Now fill this stuffing into brinjals.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai , add oil ,these stuffed brinjals & add gravy(left over gravy) , and fry the curry until it oozes out oil from its surroundings.
- Add some water and cook for 3 whistles.
Enjoy this delicious and mouth watering curry with rice or chapatis.
- If you prepare this curry in kadai then you need more quantity of water(more than ½ glass).
- You have to stir the curry for every 2-3 min until brinjal pieces gets cooked.
- After brinjal is slitted carefully observe inside because some times we will get insects inside the brinjal.
- Always choose tender brinjals for gutti vankaya.