ALOO DAL CURRY/DAL POTATO CURRY is very delicous curry. Aloo & toor dal are an excellent combination, every one enjoys the combination. When there are no vegetables at home then these type of curries are very helpful 🙂 . We can say this is a good alternative for regular potato fry.
Come on lets do it……….
- Potatoes – 2 – 3 medium
- Toor dal – 80 grams
- Tomato – 1 for gravy & 1 for curry
- Onions – 3 for gravy & 1 for curry
- Ginger & garlic – 1tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 1/4th tbsp
- Cumins seeds – 1/4th tbsp
- Sahjeera – 1/4th tbsp
- Salt – 1 ½ – 1¾thtbsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder – 1 – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Poppy seeds – 1/4th tbsp
- Oil – 4tbsp
- Water – 1/4th cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4th tbsp
- Wash & pressure cook the dal for 3 whistles.
- Wash and peel the skin of the and potatoes.
- Cut them into small pieces(keep the potato pieces in water bowl otherwise they gets into brown color).
- Chop the onions & tomatoes into small pieces.
- Take a mixy jar add onions, tomato, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, poppy seeds, salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder, shahjeera, onions, ginger & garlic and make them into fine paste with the help of water.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add oil then add onions & tomatoes and fry for 2 min.
- Now add above gravy and fry it until it oozes out oil from its surrounding.
- Add the potato pieces and fry for few seconds.
- Now add the cooked dal & fry for few seconds.
- Now add water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
Enjoy this tasty and mouth watering masala curry with rotis or rice.
- If you prepare this curry in kadai then you need more quantity of water (more than ½ glass).
- You have to stir the curry for every 2-3 min until potato pieces gets cooked.