TINDORA CURRY RECIPE with step by step photos. Tindora sabzi perfectly suits for roti or rice. This Tindora also known as dondakaya/kovakkai/tendli/tondli/Ivy gourd. tindora curry is prepared with ground nut and coconut masala which has an awesome taste. This tindora sabzi has nice flavored taste. If any one doesn’t like tindora/tendli then do this tindora curry they will love it. this tindora sabzi has very unique taste. It perfectly goes with rice/rotis.
tindora stir fry ingredients:
- Tindora/dondakaya/kovakkai/tendli/tondli/Ivy gourd – 15 – 20 big in size
- Ground nuts – 1 ½ – 2 tbsp
- Coconut pieces – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder – 3/4th tbsp (as per your taste)
- Jeera – ½ tbsp
- Coriander seeds – ½ tbsp
- Oil – 3 – 4 tbsp
- Water – 1/4th cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4th tbsp
- Garlic – 4 pods
tindora curry recipe/ ivy gourd sitr fry for roti rice chapapti with step by step photos:
- Wash and cut the tendli into small pieces (as shown in pic).
- Heat a pan fry ground nuts, garlic, coriander seeds & jeera until ground nuts get nice golden color.
- Take a mixy jar add garlic, coconut pieces, ground nuts , salt, coriander seeds, jeera, chilly powder, turmeric powder & make them into fine paste with the help of water.
- Now heat a kadai or mini cooker on stove, add oil after oil gets heated then add tendli pieces & fry for 2 min.
- Then add gravy, and fry it until it oozes out oil from its surroundings.
- Add some water and cook for 3 whistles.
Enjoy this nice taste with rice or chapatis.
- If you prepare this curry in kadai then you need more quantity of water(more than ½ glass).
- You have to stir the curry for every 2-3 min until tendli pieces gets cooked.