TENDLI RASAM has nice sour & sweet flavors which has very unique taste. In this rasam we will add gravy which is prepared during TENDLI GRAVY CURRY. This rasam is a continuation part of TENDLI GRAVY CURRY . This rasam goes well with rice along with TENDLI GRAVY CURRY / IDLY / UTTAPA.
- Tendli – 15 – 20 medium size
- Tamarind – 4 inches
- Gravy which we kept aside while preparing Tendli gravy curry.
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp
- Salt – ½ tbsp if required as we added sufficient salt in gravy.
- Red chilies – 2
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Wash the tendli thoroughly.
- Slit the tendli vertically into 4 slices.
- Take a bowl add tendli, tamarind, turmeric powder, water & pressure cook them for 4 whistles.
- Heat a kadai add oil, cumin seeds, red chilies & fry for few seconds.
- Now add the separated gravy (which is kept aside while doing TENDLI GRAVY CURRY ) salt, & water (which water we used to boil tendlis in pressure cooker).
- Boil it for 7 – 8 min & switch off the flame.